Skip to content


As of September 1, 2021, the State of Texas and Texas Department of Agriculture no longer requires licensing of aquaculture facilities. Please contact the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) for issues relating to wastewater discharge. Aquaculture facilities must still abide by the statutes set forth in Chapter 134 of the Agriculture Code, which includes special provisions for shrimp production in the coastal zone, record-keeping requirements, and provisions related to exotic species aquaculture. The contact at Texas Parks and Wildlife Department (TPWD) for Exotic Species Permits is