Agricultural Applicators
Skip to content
Agricultural Applicators

The Texas Pesticide Law requires that you must be licensed or certified by TDA in order to lawfully use a restricted-use pesticide, state-limited-use pesticide or regulated herbicides.


  • Agricultural applicators must keep records of pesticide applications for two years.
  • Commercial agricultural applicators must have insurance if applying a restricted-use pesticide, state-limited-use pesticide, or regulated herbicide
  • All applicators must obtain continuing education units (CEUs) to renew their license.

Types of Agricultural Licenses (click here for definitions):

For a list of currently licensed agricultural applicators, go to the pesticide applicators publications page.

CLICK HERE to access the New Online eApply site to submit Commercial, Non-Commercial, and Non-Commercial Political Applications.